Saturday, November 12, 2011

SHARING WEB RESOURCES

My personal opinion is that I can never have too many resources at my disposal whether it be needing answers to questions I may have, doing research for a class or work, or even just because the resource is interesting.  As I stated in my post from November 3, 2011, I have been a member of NAEYC for many, many years so I decided I wanted to expand to a few organizations which are based outside of the United States.  I chose the following organizations:

Early Childhood Australia:  The Australian Early Childhood Advocacy Organization


Their mission is to advocate ensuring quality, social justice and equity in all issues relating to the education and care of children from birth to eight years.  This includes:  The rights of children; leadership; excellence; respect; courage; honesty; openness; collaboration; diversity; justice; and social inclusion of children.

This organization drew my attention since they stand for how I personally like to work and advocate for children.  I also subscribed to their newsletter - Early Childhood Australia VOICE…voice for young children.


I highly recommend looking at this newsletter as it contains so much information about a variety of issues from a number of countries.  Learning about early childhood education from another country’s view is just so interesting to me.  I also find it to be a significant factor to understand others’ views for, but not limited to, bringing in diversity into my own program; and keeping my own knowledge level growing in a very diverse way.

Save the Children

http://www.savethechildren.org

Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. Their vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Their mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.

This organization drew my attention since they seem to share the same goal I have, but in a much larger scale.  One of the program areas that caught my attention was their program for education and child development.  One of the examples was early childhood development in Mali.  This area is of interest to me since I firmly believe each and every child has the right to an education and the right to reach their full potential regardless of their race, where they live, or abilities.

I signed up for their email news updates in order to receive the latest from the field as well as stories about the girls and boys participating in their education and health programs. I will also receive reports about, but not limited to, their relief workers who feed babies struggling during hunger crises, protect children caught in the cross-fire of unrest, provide health care for AIDS orphans, teach troubled youth to read, and defend girls from exploitation.

2 comments:

  1. I am finding that there are quite a few of us that chose to research the zero to three website. This is by far my favorite website that i have researched thus far, and it contains a great deal of information that is helpful to the parents and families as well as the early childhood professionals. Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have found some really great resources and contacts. I really enjoy reading your Blog's because you are so thorough in your writing and give many specifics. Thank you for taking the time to allow us readers to really get the full picture that you are presenting in your writing.

    ReplyDelete